2024 Squad, Signings and Rumours Thread

Based on the fact he edged Nick Politis and sent that entire dweeb club into the shadow realm single-handidly, I hope we take care of Dave at his next contract negotiations, just don't have that numbnuts Anthony Laffranchi handle them please dear christ.

Absolutely stoked David is staying on the Coast and has turned his back on the entitled Roosters. Love seeing the fallout from the media muppets and sulky spoilt fans who were praising the move and are now saying “oh lucky we dodged a bullet” way to change your tune to suit your agenda and narrative. Flogs.

Something about all this feels so suspect considering Tinos instagram post on Friday night in hindsight, Now that post looks like he knew Fifita wasn't going + Dessies press conference you would think he would've showed at least a bit of frustration but there was nothing but positivity.

Last edited:
Something about all this feels so suspect considering Tinos instagram post on Friday night in hindsight, Now that post looks like he knew Fifita wasn't going + Dessies press conference you would think he would've showed at least a bit of frustration but there was nothing but positivity.
I reckon Des' consummate professionalism modelled for DF, all he wanted to see and hear. Des is a class act. He showed it with the Manly 7 and it's just who he is. I grew up hating Manly like most of us and still do, but for whatever reason and even in Origin, I couldn't hate Des. I don't know if there's another Blueser I haven't hated.

Don't do instagram or any social media so not sure what Tino posted but it sounds good.

I wonder if he was more onto than his management or something was going on behind their doors? Apparently Riolo had to get involved but it was Hudson before that.
110% Tino knew he wasn't going. I guarantee you Fifita didn't even sign any contract, and simply saw the figure presented and probably did consider it, hence why he said he didn't take up the Player Option.. on Thursday that is. Fifita himself never came out and said anything that was "I will be a Rooster in 2025". Tino probably was a big factor in him staying as well.

And can I just add, the Roosters are a disgrace. Used their power and influence to stand over and manipulate the game like it's their play thing for way too long. Look at the poor excuses for men that call themselves Roosters: Gould, Fittler, Politis. What are they really? Take them out of their comfort zone and who are they? Entitled, pampered, losers (at least that's how they behave publicly and that's in their comfort zone). Fittler was at least a good player but he never had a brain.

If Dave thought about it for more than a second (and he may well be in the Fittler category), he would have realised that they have no succession planning. Keary, Suali'i, Manu and JWH go next year and Walker is off contract. Who is going to feed the backrowers good ball? Who are their centres next year? Jenzo? On top of that, Chrichton is filthy and Sitili has already started weighing up his options.

We're on the up. The Roosters are going down. Pride before the fall strikes again.

“I personally won’t miss dreaming of Big Dave’s warm body especially his big biceps and his gorgeous hairy chest, and I won't miss the idea of his handsome chiseled jawline running in the open at Allianz Stadium infront of our 14 adoring fans... oh and also Des is a stinky meany, and btw I don't care that Fifita decided to stay, i've already moved on and never ever think of this guy or his muscly legs and his yucky face!" - Nick "The Geek God" Politis for the rest of his life probably.

Btw, conspiracy, but I wonder if in part of Des' chat with Fifita he revealed some talent that were on their way to the Titans?? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom