2024 Season General Discussion Thread

I like Steve Mitchell and I think he's done a good job since he's came to the club. He's hardly the issue here.

Although I'd like to see someone shown the door over this clause fiasco.
Agree with the Mitchell comments.
While not a fan of the Football Manager’s performance over the last 12-18 months (Burleigh the main one) the Fifita clause might have been a no choice from Fifita’s manager. Unfortunately the club has never fully explained why, so we continue to assume which is all we can do.

Im fine with the clause but he should have been offered 850. He shouldn't be given a Mil plus get his own way with the clause.

We will pay you top dollar and you stay for your contract or we will give you market value and you can leave / have the option to upgrade with the clause in place.

Not both.

I'd rather the club tell him to **** off then be held ransom by him.

We have given him everything and we are still
1-7.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that we're not a big club and we've made the top eight twice in thirteen years.

We're extremely lucky that we have such a good nursery and have superstars like DF, Tino, AJ grow up here, but we're always going to be paying overs to keep them until we're regularly in finals.

Having this clause occur twice in two years shows we are run by clowns, just to reiterate
Well St Merge fans over the years using signs like “Oust Doust” and fan power have been visible when wanting change.

What can we do about Laffrancchi and Mitchell?

Also I'd rather not sign a player than be held over a barrel like this. Even if it means missing out on targets from time to time like the Dolphins did in year one.

This kind of annual drama and speculation is frankly ridiculous and if a player and their management is that insistent on such a clause it should be a red flag they aren't committed enough to the club for the signing to realistically work out anyway.

Fifita is definitely not worth this annual nonsense. Dude can't even get up off the ground quickly enough after a tackle to defend at marker effectively.

Injury report: Boyd prognosis revealed following wrist dislocation​

Titans playmaker Tanah Boyd is set to miss the next six weeks after dislocating his wrist against the Melbourne Storm on Saturday.
Sidelined in the eighth minute of the Round 9 clash, scans have revealed the playmaker to be out of action for at least the next month as he works to recover from the injury.

The only injury to be sustained in Saturday's NRL showdown, Ben Liyou is set to miss this week's Hostplus Cup clash after entering 11-day concussion protocols following a failed HIA in Ipswich's clash against the Pride on Sunday.

Dolphins have hit 30,000 members only after 2 years of operations. Makes our membership numbers embarrassing considering we would have a higher population base.

Dolphins have hit 30,000 members only after 2 years of operations. Makes our membership numbers embarrassing considering we would have a higher population base.

Michael Searle legacy. So many potential fans were bitter about him.
It’s a shame because Frizelle/Kelly are gems.

As impressive as that looks I think you have to be a little cautious of membership numbers as none of these figures reflect just ticketed members. They have 30,000 members yet they still play games at Kayo which has a capacity of 10,000 and tickets are still available to the general public to purchase. Some clubs, and I think the Dolphins are one of them have one game memberships where you buy a ticket to one game and just get all the members merch. These people may not go to another game but they count as members. The AFL Giants have similar membership numbers yet their crowds are laughable (both from an actual or inflated figure).

Not disagreeing with you at all WD as they have done well, there is no doubt, but playing in a stadium that holds 30% of your members - well it doesn't really add up. Of course winning helps and they have done that.

does anyone know why Isaac F isn’t getting a run these days? I thought he looked really good in the trials and we haven’t seen him make 1st grade.. is he going bad in qcup or is he injured?

does anyone know why Isaac F isn’t getting a run these days? I thought he looked really good in the trials and we haven’t seen him make 1st grade.. is he going bad in qcup or is he injured?

Not standing out in cup

It’s strange because like you say he looked very good in pre season.

Des Hasler is on to something with resurgent Gold Coast Titans

The NRL premiership ladder may not show it but Des Hasler has injected the Titans with a large spoonful of the fibre and grit they have been craving, writes ROBERT “CRASH” CRADDOCK.

The NRL premiership ladder may not show it but Hasler has injected the Titans with a large spoonful of the fibre and grit they have been craving for too many years.

We deliver this praise cautiously because, despite a month of close finishes, the Titans have won only two games and, with a string of injuries against the Cowboys, could easily regress.

But Hasler has found something. The ship is turning.

The Titans still concede too many points but you no longer get the feel a decent coastal breeze will sweep them away.

The players looks fit and ready to fight for each other. They are becoming an excellent side to watch.

Holding on against the Cowboys last night for a 20-18 win, despite having no fit men on the bench, was quite something.

It’s a shame AJ Brimson strained a groin because he is such a big part of the machinery and the Titans will miss him badly.

Veteran Kieran Foran is having a fine season and, despite being injured against the Cowboys, expects to be back this week or next.

Back
Top Bottom