2024 Squad, Signings and Rumours Thread

"His partner, Shaylee Bent, an NRLW player for the Titans is also originally from Glenmore Park - a suburb near Penrith - and is off-contract at the end of the season."

So given Shaylee knows what a poo hole it is out there she might come in handy and talk some sense to him about location and lifestyle.

Bye Dave.
Love having you as a Titan but I’m so sick of this mid season contract crap that’s been hanging around forever!
It’s just so frickin ridiculous to us as fans.
Panthers, Dragons and now hearing Roosters…what a circus!
Mate, go get the money, grand final win or whatever it is you’re looking for, but let us move on.
Good luck.

and Ffs Titans brass, stop with this get out clause rubbish!! Over it!!

All we have left is
1-about $150k extra a season than the Sydney clubs
2-Shaylee maybe loving our beautiful little city
3-Dave not wanting to be labelled a Durant cheat code
4-Des and Tino working some charm

That’s if Des even wants him

I don't know how all this DF crap goes with Des and his buy in mentality, I couldn't imagine the squad we be impressed as it appears we have turned a corner
I also believe that we are too heavily invested in 2 forwards
Personally, I don't think the spend out of our cap is worth it, we have lost 3 close games recently and you would expect our million-dollar player to step up and be the game breaker.
I don't know anywhere near as much as you guys do, but to paraphrase a wise man, if you don't love and want to be in the "Beautiful City" you can piss off.

Agree, good luck Dave but please advise the club that you are leaving asap so the club can focus on winning games and be done with this merry go round.

So how does this clause work anyway.
Does he have to tell the club he is staying before Thursday night or if he does not say anything does that mean he is staying?
I would imagine he only needs to action (notify) the club he's leaving other wise the option is null and void.
And really lets face it he is on top dollar here and what club really wants to pay this kind of money on a second rower (he's good but he can't dictate a match like a Cleary).
He's got it made here but I hope he doesn't waste his career and finds success on top of money.

Rumour is two more clubs are interested and also heard that his girl is basically signed with the Dogs for next year. It is not a good look for our club to lose him but who can blame him as year after year we are a basket case.

I'm going to save my powder for Thursday. It's just all a bit hard to deal with. Especially when I was looking forward to discussing the rebuild.

Rumour is two more clubs are interested and also heard that his girl is basically signed with the Dogs for next year. It is not a good look for our club to lose him but who can blame him as year after year we are a basket case.
On ya James Graham for saying clubs should refuse these clauses.

And I appreciate Gordie trying to stick up for us.

Man, I’ve experienced the DCE saga, followed by James Roberts ‘forged’ on the dotted line, followed by Prison Jarryd, Ash Taylor’s hips falling apart after being paid 1M, Kevin Proctor being an a-grade moron every week, then Jai Arrow heading to Souths to simp over some cheerleader, not to mention all the could’ve beens and big money signings in between that disintegrated in a Titans jersey.. now a generational talent in David Fifita likely moving on after some clown decided to make him a Free Agent any time he wanted.

And each time has my love for this team just slowly drifted away. I sincerely hope this club can just get it together, one of these days.

Watching Ivan Cleary talk and he seems very coy and reading his body language I’d say the deals has been signed hopefully this circus ends tomorrow

Couldn’t have said it better NZT and we may as well throw in the Searle fiasco and Idris and the other Taylor plus the players who were average here but turned into weapons elsewhere … knotting the noose, while mixing the poison and loading the pistol 😀😀😀 soft coq Holbrook serves his revenge cold.

Last edited:
If we do infact lose Fifita, do we think the club will look to replace from our juniors such as Haas, Foran or Hau or will we try to use the money and secure a replacement. I can see the club looking at bringing Jayd’n Sua back to Queensland. Hopgood is off contract 2025 as well. Could be an angle the club looks at

I would take either of those or both in a heartbeat and build a pack of locals toilers around them, which we have. I also think that is Des' aim too. With a pack like that we can start talking about all the flashy little blokes. Right now our pack is ponderosa.

If we do infact lose Fifita, do we think the club will look to replace from our juniors such as Haas, Foran or Hau or will we try to use the money and secure a replacement. I can see the club looking at bringing Jayd’n Sua back to Queensland. Hopgood is off contract 2025 as well. Could be an angle the club looks at
I personally don't believe Ryan Foran will really be an effective NRL player any time soon, I certainly don't think he will be for his first team/first contract at least, I think he'll be the type that strings together a decent 3-4 years after 25/26. Would love to be proven wrong. Big time Arama Hau believer though, freakish talent if he decides to take this career seriously. Klese is looking solid too, bare minimum a guy in the 17.

Su'a would make a ton of sense if Fifita heads to St Merge, i'd target him either way. Hopgood is probably a pipe dream but if the Titans powers are serious about replacing Fifita then he'd be top of the list no question. Ticks off like 12 much needed boxes. Like Titanic, i'd love both, and would offset the loss of Fifita and even provide some Beau Fermor assurance provided he doesn't get out of this post-ACL tear slump.

Also, never did give my full thoughts on Carter Gordon, but he would still be the halves acquisition i'd be after with Fifita going elsewhere, no point in praying Brodie Croft or whoever else raises our floor to the 13th seed, just go and take a huge swing on Gordon. And just quietly, supposedly one of the Wahs halves have been offered to us, not the one/s you'd hope for though lol.

This isn't the sexiest strategy, and it wouldn't impress any fans, but the Titans have had pretty monstrous success in locating 'young vets', mostly post-early 20's guys that have had a couple or more years in Cup [Agnatius Paasi, Leivaha Pulu, Jolliffe] or even guys that had their first stab at NRL, went overseas, and came back more suited to the modern game [Pettybourne, Zeb Taia] and likely have had junior careers in strong systems (think Melbourne, NQ, Easts etc), and for some reason couldn't crack the NRL due to whatever reason, perhaps injury or have moved out of the promise they showed in their late teens and have settled into a role with some big boys [Greg Marzhew]. Or are just straight up underplayed but still in a competitive top 30 [James Roberts, Nene MacDonald, Nate Peteru, Beau Fermor, Chris Randall and hopefully HSS]. Not to mention the largely unwanted but experienced campaigners, some of which entering last-chance saloon we picked up for pennies [McQueen, Tyrone Roberts, Shillo, Hurrell and Corey Thompson].

It's a strategy that has worked and has provided pretty much the most value outside of the mid late-00's blank slate signings spree for this team. Certainly compared to numerous marquee signings. I'm not as clued into the performances of NSW/QLD cup guys currently but i'll bet there is some value there waiting for an opportunity that could round out our top 30 moving forward if we decide to move a bunch of guys on. (Shoutout to Sam Lisone and pre-contract Erin Clark, both were great finds for us).

Smart clubs were able to pull Jahrome Hughes out of Townsville, Nicho Hynes out of Mackay, Luke Keary out of a tackle bag at Titans training, Cody Walker out of Easts tigers, Luke Metcalf out of Newtown Jets etc and more i'm forgetting. We don't just have to have pipelines open for GC kids that love the surf.

As far as Schuster, i've mentioned it before but I absolutely see the vision with him in the pack if Des is looking to have JC or AJ/both in the halves, on paper at least. Not the intangibles and character we need to be looking for however, but the idea may have potential. He fits into the aforementioned 'Konrad Hurrell' basket as far as recruitment decisions goes. I will undoutedbly talk myself into him being Greg Bird 2.0 for us when he inevitably signs though lmao.

Don’t think it will happen
And I see the merit in him going

However, the way our club keeps its cards to its chest so well I wouldn’t be ruling out an announcement down the track that Fifita has signed an extension with us.

Back
Top Bottom