Round 10: TITANS vs COWBOYS (2024)

Looks like Boyd's out and I still reckon we're better with Kini at the back and AJ at 6 than bringing Weaver in on that right side. Randy was great tonight and so was Verrills but he's been on and off week to week. I hope JC comes back as a half.

Fermor should go back to Cup. I thought Des was just playing him to get him in form but he's not showing enough improvement to keep his spot in my view.

Next week, I'd like to see:

1 Kini
2 Sami
3 BK
4 HSS
5 Jojo
6 AJ
7 Foz
8 Mo
9 Randy
10 JJ
11 DF
12 Klese
13 Liu
14 Verrills
15 Palasia
16 Pahulu
17 Clark

If Stimmo had more minutes tonight he might have been in this 17 and is an easy pick if Palasia isn't ready. Schoupp is probably a good 18th man.

So Weaver is injured and didn’t play today even though he was named during the week.
I have no idea what is wrong with him.

Kini did not play today because of Boyd’s injury.

So looks like it’s Kini 1 and AJ 6 this week.

That will please many and answer a few questions. Why not, in a week where the Fifita situation, no matter which way the cards fall, will provide the distraction. Interesting times lads and lasses.

This whole thing where David is going to meet Penriff and St Merge…

Does he not have recovery, video sessions and training to attend??

This whole thing where David is going to meet Penriff and St Merge…

Does he not have recovery, video sessions and training to attend??
I was thinking the same thing. The Titans played Saturday, Fifita was down in Sydney Sunday and today. Surely the training program would have them back today at the latest.

I did read that the Titans were not aware he was going to Sydney. Maybe Fifita called in sick.

Good to know we have some football to keep us distracted.

Some questions about the team that will be named.

Will Des really move Brimson? I don’t think so. Maybe Kini on the bench?

Will Des put Fermor to QCUP? I agree with people saying Des was trying to play him into form. But he isn’t there yet. (He was brilliant last year.)

Round 10 team: Front row enforcer returns for Mother's Day Queensland derby​

Reigning Paul Broughton Medallist Moeaki Fotuaika will make a welcomed return to the Gold Coast forward pack as the Titans prepare to face the Cowboys at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Missing the club's most recent clash against the Storm due to concussion protocols, the inclusion of one of the Coast's most experienced forwards is one of two changes made by coach Des Hasler, with a forced switch of the halves also necessary due to Tanah Boyd fracturing his wrist in Saturday's showdown.

Chris Randall has been named to replace the playmaker in the halves, with young gun Keano Kini to fill the all-important utility role on the bench.

The remainder of the side remains unchanged, with Keenan Palasia once again a chance to return to the NRL after a strong 58-minute stint for the Tweed Seagulls in his first game back since a quad injury in Round 4 - named on the extended bench for the XXXX Derby against North Queensland.

Celebrating Junior League Round and Mother's Day; the Titans are offering 20 percent off tickets for all Gold Coast, Group 1 and Group 18 junior rugby league participants (via local clubs) and encourage everyone to wear their junior club colours for a chance to win prizes.

Kick-off is at 4.05pm on Sunday at Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast

Cowboys team list: Round 10 v Titans​

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys Head Coach Todd Payten has named an almost unchanged 22-man squad for Sunday’s XXXX Derby against the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium.

New recruit Braidon Burns has been brought in to the squad in the reserves as cover for the outside backs, with Murray Taulagi and Tom Chester remaining sidelined.

Viliami Vailea retains his spot in the centres after an encouraging Cowboys debut last weekend.

Halfback Chad Townsend has been named after missing The Dolphins clash with a knee injury, although Townsend will need to complete the week of training to be cleared for selection on Sunday.

Heilum Luki has again been named on the interchange after a successful return from an ankle injury.

Sunday’s game kicks off at 4.05pm.

Cowboys team to play Titans:
1. Scott Drinkwater
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Valentine Holmes
4. Viliami Vailea
5. Semi Valemei
6. Tom Dearden (c)
7. Chad Townsend
8. Jordan McLean
9. Reece Robson
10. Griffin Neame
11. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki
12. Jeremiah Nanai
13. Reuben Cotter (c)
Interchange
14. Heilum Luki
15. Tom Mikaele
16. Sam McIntyre
17. Jason Taumalolo
Reserves
18. Jake Granville
19. Jake Clifford
20. Harrison Edwards
21. Braidon Burns
22. Jaxon Purdue

I sort of have half a chocolate over this one except that Holmes will be running straight at Fermor and Nanai will be jumping over Kelly, omg.

Happy with that 17 although incredibly small bench. Fortunately Haas and Clark have been playing tough and Randall gives us extra grit in D. He was great defending there last week. You would think Val will be trying to step him silly.

Let's hope Verrills picks up where he left off. Kini could do some real damage off the bench but I don't mind if Des is playing games and he starts.

Palasia could come in for Pahulu but I wouldn't mind him in Cup for another week to get hungry.

This is a very winnable game for us. The Cows are struggling and we are getting much better. I hope we flog them.
The only problem is that they get Taumalolo back this week and Chad's back too. They'll also be filthy on themselves for losing to the Dolphins the way they did last week. They'll bring fire.

I sort of have half a chocolate over this one except that Holmes will be running straight at Fermor and Nanai will be jumping over Kelly, omg.
Hopefully they target our half on that edge instead of Fermor. I hope they get a few Randall Specials into them.

The other side is a worry. Kelly, Jojo both have trouble catching.

I remember guys like Wally Fullerton-Smith that used to hit blokes that hard they'd stop running on that side. He did it to Blocker once.

Back
Top Bottom